To keep your home HVAC system running well in Lakewood, Colorado you need to give your system an annual checkup. To help you out, Lakewood Plumbing and Heating has created this HVAC spring maintenance checklist.
These checkups can tell you if you need an AC Replacement or a repair service. When you do HVAC maintenance for your air conditioner every year before the summer months hit, it can be extremely helpful for the longevity of your ac unit.
By performing maintenance in spring, you will be ready for the hot summer months when your air conditioner will be working hard and running constantly. No one wants to call the air conditioner repair service when it’s 90 degrees and your home is sweltering hot and humid.
HVAC Spring Maintenance Checklist
- Inspect the indoor coil for cleanliness and clean if necessary.
- Inspect the furnace or air handler blower assembly for proper operation and cleanliness.
- Change your filters every 1-3 months depending on your filter.
- Inspect all electrical connections.
- Check the operation of the compressor and outdoor fan motor.
- Check the refrigerant levels. If levels are low, check for a leak first before you replace the refrigerant.
- Check the drainage hole at the base of your air conditioning unit. Use a paper clip or wire to poke through the drainage hole to make sure it is free from any blockage.
- If you have a humidifier. Vacuum the surface area and any crevices.
Ideally, you should check your HVAC system bi-annually, once in the spring and again in the fall. Another important thing to remember about the HVAC system is the cleanliness of the air ducts. Since they are the exit and entry point for the air in your house, regular checks and maintenance for the air ducts also become necessary to ensure clean air circulation.
Trust Lakewood Plumbing & Heating for all your Plumbing, Air Conditioning, and Heating Needs
Serving the Denver Metro area for over 47 years: Contact us today! 303-233-7007 or email us at email@example.com
We hope you find our tips helpful and bookmark our site for more useful tricks when it comes to plumbing in your home or business. Lakewood Plumbing and Heating is ready to fix your air conditioner problems, the right way. Contact us today! 303-233-7007 or fill out the form below.