To keep your home HVAC system running well in Lakewood, Colorado you need to give your system an annual checkup. To help you out, Lakewood Plumbing and Heating has created this HVAC spring maintenance checklist.
Doing preventative HVAC maintenance in the spring is the best thing you can do for your HVAC system. It keeps your system running efficiently and will save you money in the long term.
By performing maintenance in spring, you will be ready for the hot summer months when your air conditioner will be working hard and running constantly. No one wants to call the air conditioner repair service when it’s 90 degrees and your home is sweltering hot and humid.
HVAC Spring Maintenance Checklist
- Inspect the indoor coil for cleanliness and clean if necessary.
- Inspect the furnace or air handler blower assembly for proper operation and cleanliness.
- Change your filters every 1-3 months depending on your filter.
- Inspect all electrical connections.
- Check the operation of the compressor and outdoor fan motor.
- Check the refrigerant levels. If levels are low, check for a leak first before you replace the refrigerant.
- Check the drainage hole at the base of your air conditioning unit. Use a paper clip or wire to poke through the drainage hole to make sure it is free from any blockage.
- If you have a humidifier. Vacuum the surface area and any crevices.
Ideally, you should check your HVAC system bi-annually, once in the spring and again in the fall. This way you can ensure your air conditioning or central air is working before the summer and your furnace heating is working before winter.
Trust Lakewood Plumbing & Heating for all your Plumbing, Air Conditioning, and Heating Needs
We hope you find our tips helpful and bookmark our site for more useful tricks when it comes to plumbing in your home or business. Lakewood Plumbing and Heating is ready to fix your air conditioner problems, the right way. Contact us today! 303-233-7007 or fill out the form below.