Below, we have listed out the 10 most common furnace problems and advice on how to repair and fix future problems.
When the cool fall and winter weather arrive, hundreds of people call Lakewood Heating and Cooling furnace repair experts because of a problem with their heating system. Whether it’s a commercial or residential setting, the same basic problems plague furnaces. By knowing what the most common furnace problems are, you can take proactive measures to prevent them.
- Lack of maintenance: You fail to schedule annual furnace maintenance and inspections that could prevent unexpected problems and breakdowns. These routine inspections can help the appliance run more efficiently and reliably.
- Dirty filters: Dirty or clogged air filters reduce airflow, making a furnace work harder to circulate. In some cases, a clogged filter may damage the limit switch, which controls the fan.
- Wear and tear: Normal wear and tear can cause airflow problems, heat control-related problems or even overheating.
- Electric ignition or pilot control problems: A faulty ignition or pilot could make it difficult to heat a home or commercial space. Thermocouple problems, drafts or clogs in the appliance may result in an unlit pilot light.
- Malfunctioning thermostat: A faulty thermostat can lead to problems with the fan or comfort levels.
- The furnace doesn’t heat at all: A furnace that doesn’t perform its main task may have problems with the thermostat setting, power, gas or the pilot light.
- The furnace doesn’t heat enough: In addition to a clogged filter, a furnace may not produce enough heat if it’s the wrong size for space.
- Frequent cycling: Cycling between the “On” and “Off” modes may indicate a clogged filter, improper airflow or a bad thermostat setting.
- The blower continuously runs: Blower issues may indicate a problem with the limit switch, which a professional may need to replace.
- The furnace is too noisy: Rumbling, squeaking, and rattles aren’t normal. The sounds may indicate a mechanical problem, airflow reductions or a clogged burner.
If you are experiencing any of these problems please schedule today!
We hope you find our tips helpful and bookmark our site for more useful tricks when it comes to plumbing in your home or business. Lakewood Plumbing and Heating is ready to fix your air conditioner problems, the right way. Contact us today! 303-233-7007 or fill out the form below.