This week is going to be the first week of Fall weather in Colorado, and what does that mean…snow is right around the corner, and colder days and nights. You want to ensure that your furnace is ready before winter starts. It is critical to test your furnace before winter starts. Contact Lakewood Plumbing and get a Fall Furnace Tune-Up for only $129 until Thanksgiving.
Why You Need to Test Your Furnace Before Winter
There are a few steps that you should take before firing up the furnace to beat the cold weather. For this reason, it is important to have your furnace inspected by a professional heater service in Lakewood, Colorado and the surrounding areas before the temperatures start to substantially drop. Watch this video clip to learn about the importance of checking your furnace before winter weather sets in.
It is important to test your furnace before the cold season in case you do find yourself in need of a heater repair. Your furnace repair specialist will inspect the temperature, pressure, and carbon monoxide in the system; you should be checking the batteries in your carbon monoxide and smoke detectors as well as your furnace’s air filter.
Quick Tips to Get Your Furnace Ready for Winter
Remove Clutter from Furnace Area
Most people have their furnace in an out-of-the-way area like a basement or closet. Be sure you are not storing anything near the furnace that could lead to a fire when the furnace is set to heat.
Check the burners of your furnace to make sure there is not a buildup of dust. If there is, be sure to thoroughly clean the burners. While you are cleaning the burners, be on the lookout for the following problems with the burners:
- Rust or other deterioration
Test the Furnace
- Turn the furnace on using your electrical panel.
- Check your thermostat while the furnace runs. (Be sure it is set to heating.)
- Make sure the thermostat shows the house heating up during this period.
Book an Appointment Early
If you notice any major problems when you conduct this checklist, or if you find that any of the components of the furnace are worn out, you will need to contact a professional. 303-233-7007
- It’s a good idea to make sure you get an appointment scheduled in advance to clean, inspect, or repair your furnace if you need to.
- The reason for this is because it is common for companies that specialize in heating and cooling to become booked up the closer it gets to winter.
Get Your Furnace Tune-Up for only $129